The following guidelines are for the external use of NGO Relations content:
- No material produced by NGO Relations is to be sold, used for outside advertising or promotional purposes of any kind.
- All content taken from the NGO Relations website/social media platforms and republished must be clearly credited or sourced to UN DPI/NGO Relations.
- Photos, videos and articles may be released under the legally recognized terms of “Fair Use” to members of the press, academia, non-profits and the general public.
- No material is to be used in programs, articles or online publications of any kind that defame the UN, its member states, or the NGO Relation Section.
- Material is provided, free of charge, for use in objective and balanced content, even if at times the end products may be critical of the UN.
- NGO Relations reserves the right to request the removal of UN Copyrighted material from any externally created content.