Every year, we evaluate DPI-Associated NGOs to determine if they have fulfilled their association responsibilities and to update our records.
The Annual Review form – allows each NGO to (re)designate up to six representatives, and to report on their most recent activities and public information programmes. We use this to update our database of all DPI-associated NGOs – a great resource for connecting those that share a common purpose.
This exercise will enable us to learn:
- how NGOs are communicating and about which issues
- in which languages
- to audiences of what size
- using what platforms/methods
- in which locations
Link – Annual Review Instructions
How do I submit the Annual Review?
- Log in to the Civil Society Organizations’ Network
- On the side navigation menu under MY CONTRIBUTIONS, click on QUESTIONNAIRES
- Click on DPI/NGO ANNUAL REVIEW
- Complete the online form (there is a 90-minute time limit) and click SUBMIT
TIP: Write your answers in a Word document first, and cut and paste them into the form. This will ensure that you don’t have to re-write if you have technical problems.
- If you are successful, a new screen will appear with a reference number. Please keep this number, as it is the confirmation of your submission.
Any questions? Contact us using the contact form.
When can I submit the Annual Review?
The 2014 Annual Review is now closed. The process opens online in October and ends in January of the following year.
What happens after we submit our Annual Review?
We review and evaluate it based on the required criteria, and send you the results by e-mail by within two to three weeks from the date that you submitted it to us. If you meet the criteria, we will:
- send instructions on how your representatives can retrieve their UN grounds passes
- add your information to our DPI-associated NGO database, which can be accessed from our DPI/NGO Resource Center.
- create the yearly mailing list with your contact information. We keep this encrypted and do not share it with third parties.
What if my organization does not meet the required criteria?
If your submission doesn’t fully meet the criteria because of missing information, we will describe what items are missing and explain how to resubmit the Annual Review form.
If your submission doesn’t meet the criteria because the evaluation determines that your organization did not actively participate in our briefings/workshops, or develop enough projects and activities with UN agencies or programmes, as well as DPI, your submission will be negatively evaluated and no grounds passes will be issued for that year. The NGO, however, will remain in good standing and the e-mail addresses of the designated representatives will be included in the mailing list.
How will you use our information?
See above answer to ‘What happens after we submit our Annual Review?’