The DPI/NGO Resource Centre is a unique space to learn, meet and network at the United Nations.
Located at the UNITAR Building at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, the Resource Centre address is:
- 801 First Avenue, UNITAR Building, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10017, USA
We offer many services for NGOs:
•Access to computers connected to the Internet
•Database with comprehensive information on each DPI-associated NGO.
•Conference room for up to 30 people can be reserved by DPI-associated NGOs. Please submit your reservation request at least 48 hours in advance.
•Digital library with access to almost all the electronic versions of UN documents as well as audio-visual material in electronic format, including the UNTV produced series 21st Century, UN in Action and other films produced by the United Nations Television or UN Agencies and Programmes.
•Up-to-date United Nations materials and publications such as copies of the latest briefing calendar, UN Daily Journal, UN Spokesman’s Daily Highlights, etc.
- the annual General Debate of the UN General Assembly
- concerts sponsored by DPI and Member States
Invitations to / announcements:
- activities relevant to the work of the NGO community;
- the DPI/NGO Thursday Briefings, when necessary
Working Together: Making a Difference
“With the passage of time, the relationship between DPI and NGOs has grown stronger and more important; Member States continue to recognize the benefits of NGO participation locally, regionally and internationally, and have expressed their willingness to assist and accommodate the work of NGOs as reflected in the 2005 World Summit Outcome Document. Since then, NGO global involvement in international issues, consultations, policy making and conferences is much more visible, accepted and recognized” (Continue Reading)
Important Documents & Fact Sheets
Here you will find important UN documents that will facilitate your work with DPI. Please visit this section often as we update it regularly.
- History of UN Headquarters (English) (French, Spanish, Chinese)
- List of Member States
- Membership of Principal Organs
- Role of the Secretary-General
- Secretary-General’s Priorities
- This is the UN
- United Nations Day
- What the UN does and what you can do to help
- Security Guidelines for NGOs
- Use of the UN logo, name and flag