2015 Model UN Workshop
at UN Headquarters in New York
6-9 November 2015
This page provides information on registration for the 2015 Model UN Workshop at UN Headquarters. Instructions for registering and editing the application form can be found below.
Registration deadline: 15 September 2015
The United Nations Department of Public Information is inviting student leaders and MUN Advisors of Model UN programmes at the university and high school level to apply for the 2015 MUN Workshop to be held at UN Headquarters in New York.
1. This workshop is designed for university or high school student leaders who organize Model UN conferences or will be organizing one in 2016.
2. Participation in the workshop is also open to Model UN Advisors (faculty and non-faculty) who are currently supervising a Model UN programme at the high school or university level. The workshop is not open to MUN advisors who work at the primary/elementary or intermediate/middle school levels.
3. If you are a MUN advisor but are not teaching at a university or high school, you must submit proof that you are currently advising a MUN programme (e.g., a letter signed by the head of an organization or NGO on their official letterhead that attests that they provide training to students who participate in MUN conferences and that you are one of their advisors/trainers). If you are working independently as a MUN advisor, then you must submit another acceptable form of proof in consultation with the organizers of this workshop. Send a scanned copy of your proof to:
email@example.com. Put “2015 Workshop MUN advisor proof” in the subject line.
4. At a minimum, all participants (except chaperones) must have attended at least one Model UN simulation or conference and must be enrolled in a school at the time the workshop takes place in order to be eligible. If you graduated from your high school or university in 2015 but will not be enrolled in an academic in November 2015, simply provide the date of your graduation in the application
5. All participants must be able to communicate in English.
5. High School students who are 18 or younger who wish to attend the workshop must be accompanied by an adult chaperone who is 21 or older.
6. All participants, including chaperones, wishing to attend the three-day workshop need to submit an application. The application deadline is: September 15, 2015.
7. Students who do not meet the eligibility requirements (i.e., have never participated in a MUN simulation or conference as a delegate) should click on the fourth option, “Request to be put on the waiting list.” We will contact you after the application deadline is over to let you know if there is any room left for additional participants in the workshop.
8. While there is no application fee for the workshop, participants are responsible for all travel and living expenses. No financial assistance is available for participation in the workshop. Participants are also responsible for obtaining a visa if required. Please note that Sunday, 8 November will be a day off and that no workshop activities will be taking place on that day.
All applicants need to fill out the online application form.